Recipe by pamela t.
This is the most beautiful presentation. Tastes good, too. They would be nice for a baby or wedding shower or a "ladies" lunch. Can't see good old boys eatin' a whole lot of these, lol. This is for 4 blossoms, but you can double and triple the recipe.
- 4 sheets phyllo dough
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 4 teaspoons parmesan cheese
- 4 eggs
- 4 teaspoons green onions, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper, to taste
- 4 tablespoons salsa
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease or spray cooking spray on muffin tin (4 muffins).
- Place one sheet of phyllo dough on work surface.
- Brush with butter and top with another sheet of phyllo.
- Brush again with butter.
- Repeat a third time.
- Cut into 4 squares (about 4 1/2 inches each).
- Keep the remaining phyllo sheets wrapped, so that they don't dry out
- Place each sqaure into one muffin cup.
- Using your fingers, make each square of dough into a "blossom" by crimping the edges together. In other words, you are making a dough square fit into a round muffin cup.
- Sprinkle 1 t cheese into each dough cup.
- Top with one egg (of course, you crack the egg and add the raw egg, trying not to break the yolk).
- Sprinkle each egg with salt, pepper, and green onions.
- Bake at 350 until pastry is golden (about 25-30 minutes).
- Top with salsa.