This is the most beautiful presentation. Tastes good, too. They would be nice for a baby or wedding shower or a "ladies" lunch. Can't see good old boys eatin' a whole lot of these, lol. This is for 4 blossoms, but you can double and triple the recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Grease or spray cooking spray on muffin tin (4 muffins).
- 3Place one sheet of phyllo dough on work surface.
- 4Brush with butter and top with another sheet of phyllo.
- 5Brush again with butter.
- 6Repeat a third time.
- 7Cut into 4 squares (about 4 1/2 inches each).
- 8Keep the remaining phyllo sheets wrapped, so that they don't dry out
- 9Place each sqaure into one muffin cup.
- 10Using your fingers, make each square of dough into a "blossom" by crimping the edges together. In other words, you are making a dough square fit into a round muffin cup.
- 11Sprinkle 1 t cheese into each dough cup.
- 12Top with one egg (of course, you crack the egg and add the raw egg, trying not to break the yolk).
- 13Sprinkle each egg with salt, pepper, and green onions.
- 14Bake at 350 until pastry is golden (about 25-30 minutes).
- 15Top with salsa.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beautiful Egg Blossoms
Serving Size: 1 (96 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 198.0
- Calories from Fat 111
- Total Fat 12.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 228.2 mg
- Sodium 571.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 8.8 g