1/5 Photos of Beautiful Chocolate Disks With Seeds and Fruits
This recipe makes a unique and very pretty sweet something to gift to your neighbours or work mates during the holiday season, but can also be part of a larger gift basket. Or maybe youre looking for something unique and home-made to show your sweetheart how much you love him/her. These pretty and very professional looking chocolates are sure to please whomever you decide to give them to. :) Vary the toppings to make these fit every season of the year. I would recommend packing the hardened disks in a foil-lined small box and tying it with a pretty ribbon. Apply a cute gift-tag and youre all set. Please note that the cooling time of 2 hours is not included in the cook time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 50 g semi-sweet chocolate, chopped (1.76 oz.)
- 50 g milk chocolate, chopped (1.76 oz)
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1/8 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 1 dash nutmeg, freshly grated
- 1 dash chili powder
- 1/2 tablespoon dried cranberries, cut into pieces
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon poppy seed
- 1/2 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla baking chips, crushed
- 1Melt both chocolates in one bowl over a hot-water bath (I boil water in a kettle, pour it into a small sauce pan, let it cool for 1 1/2 minute and then add the bowl with the chocolate inside. Stir with a spoon to speed up melting. This will take about 5 minutes.) or using the microwave.
- 2Stir in all of the spices (you might want to adjust them to your personal preference) until well distributed.
- 3For each chocolate disk drop 1 tbs of the melted chocolate mixture onto a paper-lined baking sheet. Using a spatula (or the back of a spoon) pat the mixture into a disk-shape. You should not make them too thin as they might not carry the topping then.
- 4Sprinkle with dried cranberry pieces, poppy seeds and sunflower seed kernels as well as the crushed vanilla baking chips. It is up to you how much topping you place on your disks, but I think you wont be able to fit more than what I have written above as a guideline.
- 5VARIATION: Do not crush the vanilla baking chips, but instead melt them with ¾ ts of cream. Dot the dark chocolate disks with this mixture and use a toothpick to swirl the two together. Now you can apply the above toppings or opt for some coloured sprinkles.
- 6Set your baking sheet aside and allow the chocolate disks to harden. This will take approximately 2-3 hrs(Do not place in the fridge as this will cause chocolate to turn whiteish).
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beautiful Chocolate Disks With Seeds and Fruits
Serving Size: 1 (121 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 118.0
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 2.5 mg
- Sodium 30.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 11.3 g
- Protein 1.6 g