Recipe by BamaBelle30
I made this cake for my daughter's 4th birthday. I found the idea on Kraft's website. Here's the link so you can see the original, because I didn't decorate it according to the recipe. But it was still cute!! http://www.kraftfoods.com/kf/recipes/beautiful-butterfly-cake-56895.aspx
- 18 ounces yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup raspberry jam
- 12 Oreo cookies
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip Topping, thawed
- assorted food coloring
- 1 cup post Fruity Pebbles cereal
- assorted ring-shaped hard candies
- mini oreo bite size chocolate sandwich style cookies
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare and bake cake batter as directed on package for two 9-inch round layers. Cool completely on wire racks.
- Cut layers crosswise in half. Spread two of the cake halves with jam; top with remaining two cake halves to form two stacks.
- To assemble, arrange cookies in center of large board or tray with edges slightly overlapping to form the "butterfly's body," securing cookies to each other with small amount of the whipped topping.
- Arrange cake stacks around body to resemble the "butterfly's wings.".
- Tint remaining whipped topping with food coloring as desired. Spread onto cake stacks. Decorate butterfly with tinted whipped topping, cereal, candies and mini cookies.