1/7 Photos of Beautiful Burger Buns
2 hrs 15 mins
Hey Jude's Note:
hamburgers are so unbelievably good in these homemade buns. When you have some time on your hands, kick back and make these, you won't be sorry. This great recipe has a pedigree...I found it in the King Arthur Flour Baker's Companion and they attributite to bakingcircle.com where it was posted by Ellen Dill. Thanks Ellen Dill!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine all the ingredients and mix and knead them together, by hand or by mixer, until you have a soft, smooth dough.
- 2Place the dough in a lightly greased bowl, cover and let rise for 1 hour.
- 3Divide the dough into 8 pieces and shape each piece into a flattened ball; place the buns on greased baking sheets, cover and let rise 30-40 minutes, until they're puffy.
- 4Preheat oven to 375°.
- 5Bake the buns for 12-15 minutes, until they're golden brown; remove from oven and baking sheet and cool them on a rack.
- 6Split and use for burgers or sandwiches.
- 7For burgers, butter the split sides and fry them, buttered side down, until they're golden brown and warmed through.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beautiful Burger Buns
Serving Size: 1 (784 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 248.3
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 34.0 mg
- Sodium 322.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 6.6 g