Recipe by Ben Ross
I love chicken kievs and this is my favourite recipe for home made kievs. I know you can buy them in a shot but there is something about making your own food at home. It must be all the love that goes into it.
Top Review by Kim127
If you don't want to use margerine, then don't. I chose to make these with regular butter, but only because that's all I had in the house. I followed the other instructions perfectly and the chicken came out wonderful. They were easily put togeher and the cooking time was right on. I served them sliced open so you could see the herbs inside. Thank you Ben for a great recipe!
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, halved
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- 2 teaspoons skim milk
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons fine stale breadcrumbs
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine margarine, parsley, rosemary, garlic and pepper in a small mixing bowl.
- Shape margarine mixture into 4 5cm long sticks.
- freeze until firm.
- Place each chicken breast half between 2 sheets of waxed paper and flatten to 1/2cm thickness with a meat mallet or rolling pin.
- Place 1 margarine stick in the center of each chicken breast.
- Fold ends over margarine and roll up, beginning with long side.
- Secure each end with wooden toothpicks.
- Dip chicken rolls into the milk and coat thoroughly with breadcrumbs.
- Bake at 400°F for 25 minutes until browned.
- Garnish with lemon wedges and serve.