Recipe by Big D Texas
A friend from Beaumont, TX (whose name also happens to be Linda,) gave this to me recently. She is famous for it, and she shared it with me........so, now, I am passing it on to all of you! Enjoy it!
Top Review by Annacia
First time I've used frozen peaches for a cobbler but it won't be the last. DH and I are real cobbler/crisp fans and this one is tops. I used Splenda for the added sugar. Made a half recipe in an 8x8 pan and intended it for tonight's Easter dessert. There's still enough for dessert but we made a healthy dent in it for lunch, lol. Made of PAC, Spring 2014.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 (13 ounce) bags frozen peaches
- 1 cup sugar (I use Splenda)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon (can use more to your taste)
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Thaw out peaches and sweeten with sugar or Splenda.
- Turn oven on at 350; spray 9X13 casserole with butter spray and put the stick of butter in the dish. Put it in the oven to melt the butter as the oven heats up.
- After butter is melted, take the dish out of the oven and pour the peaches over the butter, and mix around (I usually cut the peaches to spread them out more).
- Sprinkle cinnamon over the peaches.
- Mix the flour and the milk to make a batter, and pour it evenly over the peaches.
- Bake at 350 for 60 minutes.