- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 beef loin steaks or 2 rib eye steaks, 1 inch thick
- 1⁄2 cup red wine, such as cabernet sauvignon or 1⁄2 cup beaujolais wine
- 2 tablespoons salsa, mild to hot as you prefer
Directions See How It's Made
- Set a heavy-bottomed frying pan over medium heat.
- When hot, add butter and tilt pan to coat.
- When bubbly, add steaks (cold from refrigerator) and fry until well browned, about 3 minutes per side for rare or 5 minutes per side for medium steaks.
- Remove steaks to heated plates.
- Pour wine into pan juices and increase heat to medium-high.
- Scrape all brown bits from bottom of pan. Stir in salsa and boil gently, stirring often, until mixture is thick enough to coat steaks, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour over steaks.