Prep 0 mins
Cook 45 mins
Wings in a red wine, current glaze
- 3 lbs chicken wings
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 2⁄3 cup dry red wine, preferable beaujolais wine
- 2 tablespoons dry red wine (additional)
- 3 garlic cloves (mashed)
- 2 tablespoons gingerroot, chopped
- 6 tablespoons red currant jelly
- 2 tablespoons orange zest, grated
- 1 tablespoon orange zest, thin julienne garnish
- The wings: tips removed broken at joints into 2 pcs.
- Place split wings in a large shallow non-aluminum pan. Mix soy, orange juice, red wine, garlic and ginger-root together and pour over the wings. Cover pan with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight, turning several times in the marinade.
- Preheat oven to 375°F Line a baking pan with foil. Coat a cooking rack with vegetable cooking spray and place rack in baking pan.
- Drain chicken and arrange on rack. Roast for 45 minutes, turning wings once. Remove from oven, but do not turn off the oven.
- Combine jelly, 2 T red wine, and grated zest in small pan medium heat. Stir until jelly is melted. Brush wings generously with the glaze and return to oven for 10 minutes. Turn and brush again with glaze. Bake another 10 minutes, or until a rich dark brown and shiny. Remove and cool 5 minutes. Can be baked up to a day ahead and reheated.
- Arrange in overlapping rows. Sprinkle with julienne zest. Serve warm.