Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 hrs
Falling-apart-tender with tons 'o flavor! This is very easy to put together and is heavenly to eat. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
- 2 -3 lbs boneless pork roast
- 4 portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of celery soup (or mushroom or chicken)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can chicken gravy (or pork)
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope brown gravy mix
- 1 (2 ounce) envelope Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope ranch dressing mix
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Season entire pork roast with salt and pepper or a seasoning blend.
- Put roast in crock pot and cover with sliced mushrooms.
- Mix all remaining ingredients and use this to top the roast and mushrooms.
- Cook on low for 10-12 hours.
- This produces a lovely gravy which may be used on potatoes, rice, whatever.
Delicious as advertised; I did brown the roast in a skillet prior to placing in the crock pot. Also, couldn't find portabellos so used the garden variety mushrooms - the sauce was VERY tasty. Seasoned the roast with a packet that a friend brought back from Hawaii for me, designed specifically for pork & chicken (instead of salt/pepper); served the pork with wild rice (just from a box) and a recipe I found on Epicurious for wilted mustard greens. Everyone loved the meal and gobbled it up - NO leftovers! (and I cook in large quantities, so that was very impressive)
OMG ~ I have never in my life had a roast so fall apart, fork tender. I wasn't even able to cut it because it shredded into pieces, and the gravy was wonderful. I couldn't stop eating it! The only changes I made was not to put the mushrooms in (DH hates mushrooms so I put some onions in instead) & due to previous posts about the salt I used 1/2 of the envelopes of seasonings and did not season the roast which worked great. Will be making this again & again!!
This roast is delicious! I followed the recipe except the roast I had was 4 pounds. The sauce ended up a little runny so I added a little starch to it to thicken it up. I did add carrots and onions to the mix and omitted the mushrooms since I didn't have any. I am serving it over basmati rice. Delicious and so easy!