Recipe by AgileK9s
Falling-apart-tender with tons 'o flavor! This is very easy to put together and is heavenly to eat. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
Top Review by Squirrelly71
Delicious as advertised; I did brown the roast in a skillet prior to placing in the crock pot. Also, couldn't find portabellos so used the garden variety mushrooms - the sauce was VERY tasty. Seasoned the roast with a packet that a friend brought back from Hawaii for me, designed specifically for pork & chicken (instead of salt/pepper); served the pork with wild rice (just from a box) and a recipe I found on Epicurious for wilted mustard greens. Everyone loved the meal and gobbled it up - NO leftovers! (and I cook in large quantities, so that was very impressive)
- 2 -3 lbs boneless pork roast
- 4 portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of celery soup (or mushroom or chicken)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can chicken gravy (or pork)
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope brown gravy mix
- 1 (2 ounce) envelope Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope ranch dressing mix
- 1⁄2 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Season entire pork roast with salt and pepper or a seasoning blend.
- Put roast in crock pot and cover with sliced mushrooms.
- Mix all remaining ingredients and use this to top the roast and mushrooms.
- Cook on low for 10-12 hours.
- This produces a lovely gravy which may be used on potatoes, rice, whatever.