Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
The healing powers of Chicken Soup can never be overestimated. My dear friend Beauchamp, gave me this recipe more than 20 years ago. She is a wonderful cook, gardner, and person. I miss seeing her. Here is how I use her recipe. After we have had a baked chicken, I save the carcass, and make a chicken stock, including the meat that comes off the bones. I cook the noodles and add them separately at the end so that they do not absorb all the liquid and get mushy. The ingredients can vary according to taste. Most of the cooking time involves making the stock.
- 1892.0 ml chicken stock
- 56.69 g noodles (dry)
- 2 carrots (cut into small rounds)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 118.29 ml spinach (uncooked and chopped)
- 118.29 ml peas (uncooked)
- 6 peppercorns (cracked)
- 5 allspice (crushed)
- 4.92 ml thyme
- 4.92 ml sage
- 2.46 ml summer savory
- 1.23 ml coriander seed (ground)
- 1.23 ml curry powder
- Make chicken stock.
- Cook noodles, rinse, drain, and set aside.
- Saute onions until translucent in fat skimmed from stock.
- Add spices.
- Add carrots and onions to stock and simmer 8 minutes.
- Add peas, spinach, and noodles simmer another 2 minutes.