Recipe by Polly W
I used to love to collect cookbooks, until I got hooked on Zaar !!! This is from the Charleston Junior League that I have had forever.It is better if you make this dip the night before..
Top Review by Sweet**Fuzion
I also have had this recipe for ages-since I was a little girl(I started collecting early!lol). It is my very favorite vegetable dip. I always make it the day before I am serving it. I also have subbed 1/2 tsp dried parsley(crushed) and have used both minced white onion and minced green onion-either way its terrific!
- 1 1⁄3 cups sour cream
- 1 1⁄3 cups mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons dried dill
- 2 teaspoons beau monde seasoning
- 2 teaspoons minced onions
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 round loaf rye bread
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all the ingredients up until the bread, in a medium bowl and mix well.
- Cover and place in fridge overnight.
- to serve, cut a slice off the top of the bread and remove as much of the bread that you can into bite size pieces.
- Place chilled dip inside the bread and surround the loaf with remaining bread ,fresh veggies, whatever you like.