Recipe by kncompton05
One of our favorite soups is at Olive garden, and i hated how stingy with the potatoes and italian sausage they were, which is the best parts.so i decided to do it bigger and better at home. This simple soup makes a great appitizer and even makes for a great main entree!
- 4 italian sausage links (cut out of the casings) or 1 lb ground Italian sausage (about 1 lb)
- 2 slices bacon
- 3 -4 golden potatoes
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (about 2 cloves)
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 64 ounces chicken stock, boxs
- 1⁄2 pint heavy cream
- 1 cup kale
- pepper, season to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Gut the sausage from casings and Sautee up till almost done.
- Add onion and bacon cook till translucent then add the garlic about 30 sec.
- Add 1 box chicken stock and potatoes and bacon bring to a boil, then bring down to a simmer on medium to low heat, add peppers. Let simmer for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add Kale, wait about 5 more mins and add 1/2 box of chicken stock and 1/2 box of heavy cream, taste and season if needed for .