Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Ann Hodgman's "Beat This." I'm not a baker (didn't use cake flour) and even I can't mess this up. I halved this recipe and used two mini loaf pans. We ate one out of the oven and one after it had been frozen and defrosted. Fantastic! The citrus sharpens it nicely, and it's so moist you do not need butter! (But it's good with the butter, too.) This is the recipe pre-halving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter two 9x5" loaf pans.
- Cream the sugar and the butter until light and whipped (until creamy).
- Add the bananas, eggs, lemon juice, orange rind.
- Beat until blended uniformly.
- Be patient, and beat until the banana lumps are gone.
- Sift the dry ingredients together.
- Fold lightly and thoroughly into the banana mixture.
- Pour the batter into prepared loaf pans.
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes, until the loaves are firm in the middle and the edges begin to pull away from the pans.
- Cool the loaves on racks for 30 minutes before removing from the pans.
- Freezes well.