1 hr 10 mins
From Ann Hodgman's "Beat This." I'm not a baker (didn't use cake flour) and even I can't mess this up. I halved this recipe and used two mini loaf pans. We ate one out of the oven and one after it had been frozen and defrosted. Fantastic! The citrus sharpens it nicely, and it's so moist you do not need butter! (But it's good with the butter, too.) This is the recipe pre-halving
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Butter two 9x5" loaf pans.
- 3Cream the sugar and the butter until light and whipped (until creamy).
- 4Add the bananas, eggs, lemon juice, orange rind.
- 5Beat until blended uniformly.
- 6Be patient, and beat until the banana lumps are gone.
- 7Sift the dry ingredients together.
- 8Fold lightly and thoroughly into the banana mixture.
- 9Pour the batter into prepared loaf pans.
- 10Bake for 45 to 55 minutes, until the loaves are firm in the middle and the edges begin to pull away from the pans.
- 11Cool the loaves on racks for 30 minutes before removing from the pans.
- 12Freezes well.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for "Beat This" Banana Bread
Serving Size: 1 (1911 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2669.3
- Calories from Fat 938
- Total Fat 104.2 g
- Saturated Fat 62.0 g
- Cholesterol 616.0 mg
- Sodium 2584.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 416.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.3 g
- Sugars 244.0 g
- Protein 31.4 g