Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a salad that's good for health and really tasty at the same time! I hope you enjoy it.
- 1 bunch iceberg lettuce, wahsed and torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1 asparagus, fresh,washed
- 2 medium apples, washed
- 1⁄4 small watermelon (optional)
- 1 medium fresh carrot, washed and peeled
- 1 medium cucumber, washed and de-seeded
- 2 medium fresh tomatoes, washed and de-seeded
- 1 stalk celery, washed
- 2 oranges, washed and peeled
- 1 medium red capsicum, washed and de-seeded (bell pepper)
- 2 spring onions, washed
- 4 cloves garlic, washed and peeled
- 3 -5 sprigs fresh mint leaves, washed
- 3⁄4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons malt vinegar
- Put lettuce in ice cold water to keep it crisp.
- Core apples and cut into one-inch sized cubes.
- Cut asparagus into one-inch sized pieces.
- Cut, slice, peel and de-seed the watermelon.
- Cut celery into one-inch sized pieces.
- Wash and de-seed cucumber and tomatoes.
- Cut cucumber and tomatoes into one-inch sized cubes.
- Separate the segments of the orange and de-seed them.
- Then, cut the segments into half.
- Cut capsicum into one-inch sized cubes.
- Cut the green portion of the spring onions into one-inch long pieces.
- Cut onions (the remaining part of the spring onions) into quarters.
- Separate the layers.
- Reserve some mint leaves for garnishing and chop the rest.
- Crush sea salt, mustard seeds and garlic with lemon juice in a mortar with a pestle.
- Mix malt vinegar, sugar and curry powder.
- Mix all the fruits, vegetables and chopped mint leaves in a bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients (which in this salad are the dressing, really).
- Toss well with a fork or spoon.
- Transfer this salad on a bed of crisp iceberg lettuce.
- Garnish with mint sprigs.
- Serve immediately.
- Enjoy, as often as you can, and do not worry about calories!