Recipe by pvuong817
A delicious recipe to satisfy all! This recipe is adapted from a cookbook recipe that I no longer have..
- 1 lb dried linguine pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon diced shallot
- 1 teaspoon diced jalapeno chili pepper
- 12 ounces skinless chicken thighs, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chicken stock or 1⁄4 cup broth
- 3⁄4 cup purchased or homemade barbecue sauce
- 1 lb grilled asparagus (see recipe below)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the oil in a medium saute pan over medium heat. Add shallots and jalapeno pepper; saute for two minutes. Add the chicken; saute for 3 to 4 minutes until chicken is no longer pink.
- Add the drained cooked pasta, the stock, and half of the barbecue sauce. Serve with grilled asparagus.
- Grilled Asparagus: Lightly coat a grill pan with olive oil. Remove tough stems from asparagus. Cut stalks into 2-inches pieces. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil; season with salt and pepper. Grill for 4 to 6 minutes in grill pan or until asparagus is tender.