Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A lovely and quick all in one dish. DD and SIL's favourite.
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced, separated
- 4 garlic cloves, minced, separated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion salt, separated
- 1 lb shrimp, cooked, cleaned
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped
- 12 asparagus spears, broken off at soft spot, tallowy ends discarded
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 4 large green onions, chopped, white and green parts separated
- 2 heads baby bok choy, chopped
- Using an electric wok at high setting, heat 2 tbsp oil, ½ tbsp ginger and 2 tbsp garlic, until sizzling.
- Cook shrimp until heated through, drizzle with ¼ tsp onion salt. Set aside.
- Clean wok and add 2 tbsp oil, ½ tbsp ginger and 2 tbsp garlic and bring to a sizzle at high heat.
- Add celery, broccoli, asparagus and green pepper, cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Toss in the mushrooms and white part of green onions and cook for 3 minutes.
- Toss in the green part of green onion and the baby bok choy and ¼ tsp onion salt and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add cooked shrimp, toss and serve over rice or noodles or by itself.
Wow! With permission from Pink, I used chicken breasts diced up. I had to use a red bell pepper instead of a green, because that is what I had in the house tonight! I also used regular bok choy, because I couldn't find baby bok choy. So I added the white parts of the bok choy with the first veggies. I loved this stir fry because I could taste the flavor of the veggies...nothing hidden by soy sauce in this recipe! Thanks for sharing a stir fry recipe that isn't loaded with sodium.....much appreciated! Made for PRMR tag.
What a great stir-fry, I didn't change a thing! I can see using chicken or pork in this as well as adding some bean sprouts. Thanks for posting, Pink.