1/2 Photos of Bea's Pizza Dough
1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 15 mins
I have tried many pizza dough recipes, but I always find myself coming back to this one.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine the water, yeast, and 1 1/2 cups of the flour in a large bowl.
- 2Mix well.
- 3Add the drippings, salt, and 1 cup flour.
- 4Mix the ingredients together.
- 5Add the last part of flour gradually until the dough holds its shape .
- 6Place the dough on a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes adding more flour as needed.
- 7Transfer the dough to a lightly greased (bacon drippings) bowl. Cover the bowl with a clean kitchen towel, and let the dough rest in a warm area (I put mine in the oven with light on) until it has doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- 8When the dough has risen, place it on a lightly floured surface, divide it into two or more parts and roll them into balls. Cover them with a towel and let rest for 15 minutes.
- 9The dough is ready to be shaped, topped and cooked.
- 10Cook at 375 for 20 to 25 minutes until bottom is golden brown.
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bea's Pizza Dough
Serving Size: 1 (48 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 116.5
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 2.0 mg
- Sodium 101.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 2.9 g