Recipe by queenbeatrice
I have tried many pizza dough recipes, but I always find myself coming back to this one.
Top Review by Baking Bunny
This is a decent dough, but I think I'm going to keep looking for one I fall in love with. It just didn't have anything "extra special" about it. Also, I'd love to find a recipe you could whip up without the hour wait.
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons fast rising yeast, 1 packet
- 2 1⁄2-3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons bacon drippings, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the water, yeast, and 1 1/2 cups of the flour in a large bowl.
- Mix well.
- Add the drippings, salt, and 1 cup flour.
- Mix the ingredients together.
- Add the last part of flour gradually until the dough holds its shape .
- Place the dough on a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes adding more flour as needed.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly greased (bacon drippings) bowl. Cover the bowl with a clean kitchen towel, and let the dough rest in a warm area (I put mine in the oven with light on) until it has doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- When the dough has risen, place it on a lightly floured surface, divide it into two or more parts and roll them into balls. Cover them with a towel and let rest for 15 minutes.
- The dough is ready to be shaped, topped and cooked.
- Cook at 375 for 20 to 25 minutes until bottom is golden brown.