1/2 Photos of Bea's Favorite Homemade Bread or Buns
As some of my Zaar friends have probably noticed, I have been trying loads of different bread recipes and jotting down what I liked and disliked about them. I then researched what every item specifically does as an end result. This is what I have come up with. Just enough sugar to brown it properly, enough eggs to add richness to the bread and make the crust shinny and tender, just enough salt to help control yeast development, and prevent the bread from over rising and, of course my favorite ingredient, bacon drippings, instead of oil, for added flavor. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as i do. I think it was worth the effort and research.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1If mixing by hand:Pour all ingredients, in order listed in large bowl.
- 2Mix together with a wooden spoon.
- 3Knead on a floured surface until smooth and elastic adding flour if necessary, about 10 minutes.
- 4If using stand mixer:Pour all ingredients in stand mixer bowl, in order listed.
- 5Using dough hook, on setting number 2, let knead 10 minutes.
- 6Next steps are the same for both methods:.
- 7Place dough in a greased bowl and let rise in a warm draft free spot (I put mine inside my oven with light on) until doubled, about 1 ½ hours.
- 8Remove dough from bowl and punch out on a floured surface.
- 9If making loaves, cut dough in half and place in 2 greased bread pans.
- 10If making buns, cut into 16 equal portions and place on 2 greased cookie sheets. Make sure to leave enough room for rising.
- 11Let rise again until doubled, about 2 hour.
- 12If making loaves: Bake in a preheated 400 degrees Fahrenheit oven for 20 to 25 minutes, until golden brown.
- 13If making buns: Bake in a preheated 400 degrees Fahrenheit oven for 10 to 12 minutes, until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bea's Favorite Homemade Bread or Buns
Serving Size: 1 (108 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 304.5
- Calories from Fat 59
- Total Fat 6.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 176.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 16.1 g