Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Here is the 535th recipe for Broccoli Salad on recipezaar, Wow.... This is one of those popular recipes that will eventually become a classic for sure. This is my favorite version of it. Sunflower kernels may be used to substitue for pumpkin kernels.
- 1⁄2 cup Miracle Whip
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 12 cups broccoli florets
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 5 slices bacon, cooked, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Mix together, dressing, sugar and vinegar until sugar is melted.
- In lage bowl, combine broccoli, onions, raisins, and pumpkin kernels.
- Add dressing mixture; toss to coat. Refrigerate several hours. Sprinkle with bacon and cheese before serving.
This salad is great. It was my first time trying pumpkin seeds in a broccoli salad. I don't like pumpkin seeds usually but in this it's great. I used light mayo. And I used broco-flower. Thanks Pink :) Made for Holiday tag
Adored this version of broccoli salad! I followed this exactly and loved it! I used some smoked bacon, and it gave a lovely smoky taste. Great combination of pumpkin seeds and raisins too! Will make again, and often!
I'm with Sharon, in that we do love our broccoli, & this is a great new way (for me) to prepare it! I did cut it down to 1/3 the original size, but still used the original amount of raisins & pumpkin seeds, absolutely loving that combo! And for the bacon I used 2 tablespoons of bacon bits! A wonderful tasting salad that I'll have on my table again before long! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in Every Day Is a Holiday tag]