Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
As in CHICAGO Bears. This is what we noshed on while watching them in the playoffs.
Make and share this Bears' Style Sub recipe from Food.com.
- 1 Italian bread, 12 inches section
- 2 ounces genoa salami
- 2 ounces mortadella
- 2 ounces hot capicola
- 2 ounces provolone cheese
- 3 ounces shredded lettuce
- 1 ounce shaved onion
- 8 slices tomatoes
- 3⁄4 cup Italian dressing
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons dried oregano
- Slice bread horizontally (but not all the way through) and layer with salami, mortadella, hot capicola and Provolone. Top with layers of lettuce, onions and tomato slices.
- Whisk dressing ingredients together and drizzle as desired over filling. Cut into 4 3-inch pieces.
Delicoious - but who could it not be with all these marvellous coldcuts, cheese and dressing? I suggest drizzling the bread with the dressing BEFORE adding the toppings, as the dressing just dribbles off the toppings creating a little puddle. I left out the tomatoes due to personal taste. Really good!
Fantastic. But you can't go wrong with a Sub made with genoa salami, mortadella, capicola and provolone. I love it. We have an Italian market and they have wonderful ciabatta (Italian bread). I choose the little ones to make big Subs serving one. I used salami melanese, because I love it. But it is important to use Italian products for this Sub. These make the flavours of this wonderful Superbowl Sub. I will mkae it again for my guest for Superbowl 2007 (Chicago Bears vs. Indianopolis Colts). Thanks for sharing.
Finally found a deli that sold mortadella. Frist time we have tried it. The sandwich was pretty good. The dressing was very tasty. Thanks Hey Jude. bullwinkle