1/1 Photo of Bear's Pineapple Mango Habanero Jam
I've always been a big fan of tropical flavors married to the fruity heat of Habanero chiles, so after some experimentation I came up with this recipe for a sweet and tasty jam with a gentle but pronounced finish heat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Fruit can be either fresh or frozen. Frozen actually seems to work best.
- 2Place fruit and vinegar in a stockpot over medium-high heat. Bring to a simmer and mash the fruit to a chunky consistency with a potato masher.
- 3Add the sugar and stir until dissolved.
- 4Add the pectin and the Habanero halves. Stirring frequently, bring to a rolling boil that cannot be stirred down. Cook for 2 minutes more, stirring frequently to prevent burning.
- 5Remove the chile halves. Discard all but two halves. Chop the retained chiles halves into shreds and add back to jam.
- 6Ladle hot jam into sterilized canning jars, leaving 1/4-inch head room.
- 7Process jars in hot water bath for 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bear's Pineapple Mango Habanero Jam
Serving Size: 1 (2752 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 682.8
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 7.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 174.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 167.5 g
- Protein 2.4 g