1/1 Photo of Bear's Char Siu Pork
1 hr 25 mins
1 hr 15 mins
I adapted this recipe with ideas that I got from a number of others that I found online. This is an incredibly flavorful dish, and not all that hard to make. The left-overs are great, and I always make two roasts and freeze one. It reheats just fine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 pork loin, roasts about 2 lbs each
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/2 cup sherry wine (or brandy, or rum)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce, such as Sriracha
- 1 tablespoon ginger, finely grated
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon five-spice powder
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- red food coloring (optional, but traditional)
- 1Mix all ingredients but the pork in a bowl to create the marinade.
- 2Place the roasts in a zip-lock bag and pour in the marinade. Marinate the meat overnight.
- 3Preheat oven to 300ºF.
- 4Place pork roasts onto a rack over a sheet pan. Reserve the left-over marinade. Don't forget to line the pan with aluminum foil or you'll be very sorry when clean-up time comes.
- 5Roast 1 hour.
- 6While pork is roasting, place the reserved marinade in a saucepan and boil vigorously for 5 to 10 minutes until thickened. Set aside.
- 7After the 1 hour roasting time, baste the pork with the thickened glaze. Place back into the oven for 10 to 15 minutes to set the glaze.
- 8Let rest 10 minutes. Slice the pork thinly and serve over noodles (or rice).
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bear's Char Siu Pork
Serving Size: 1 (61 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 235.6
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.6 mg
- Sodium 1147.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 18.6 g
- Protein 2.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: