1 hr 5 mins
I adapted this recipe from one passed down in my family. It starts as a typical blender Bearnaise sauce, but it is chilled into a fantastic sandwich spread for roast beef and egg sandwiches. The sauce will last one week in the fridge.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small sauce pan combine tarragon, onion, pepper, salt, vinegar and white wine.
- 2Cook over medium heat until all of the liquid has evaporated (the more liquid that evaporates, the thicker your sauce will be).
- 3While the sauce is cooking, put the egg yolks, lemon juice and cayenne pepper in the jar of a blender; blend for thirty seconds.
- 4When the liquid has evaporated add the butter.
- 5Once the butter has completely melted and come to a boil, remove from the heat.
- 6Turn the blender on low and very slowly add the butter mixture to the egg mixture.
- 7If the butter seems to be separating or coming to the top of the blender mix; stop the blender and stir with a spoon.
- 8Once all of the butter mix has been added to the blender and the mixture is well blended, pour the sauce into a small container and refrigerate.
- 9When it is cold you can spread it on anything you want.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bearnaise Spread
Serving Size: 1 (19 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 66.7
- Calories from Fat 59
- Total Fat 6.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 50.6 mg
- Sodium 115.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 0.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: