Prep 2 mins
Cook 5 mins
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine or 1⁄4 cup vermouth
- 2 tablespoons tarragon leaves, chopped
- 2 shallots, minced
- 3 egg yolks
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- salt and pepper
- Combine vinegar, wine, shallots and tarragon in 2-cup glass measure.
- Microwave, uncovered, at high for 1 to 2 minutes or until boiling.
- Set aside to cool to lukewarm.
- Strain mixture into small bowl; whisk in egg yolks.
- In 2-cup glass measure or similar microwaveable bowl, melt butter at medium 40 to 60 seconds.
- Do not boil.
- Whisk egg yolk mixture into butter.
- Microwave, uncovered, at medium 30 to 90 seconds.
- Whisk every 15 seconds.
- Cook only until mixture starts to thicken.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
This was just ok, served over beef tenderloin. I will look for new recipe.
Very nice tasting Bernaise sauce. This recipe was a flash to make. I did not have any shallots on hand so I just substituted onion. I also did not have any Tarragon so I substituted Rosemary leaves. The outcome was great. This sauce is simple enough even a beginner cook could master it. Kudos. I will keep this one in mind when I need a good Bernaise sauce on the fly.