Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Here's a quick recipe for Bearnaise sauce - another low effort addition that really enhances a meal. This recipe does have uncooked eggs in it, so either use pasteurized eggs or very fresh ones.
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon green onion, chopped finely
- 1⁄2 teaspoon tarragon
- 3 -4 egg yolks
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- Cook the wine, onion, and tarragon until the wine has been reduced to a glaze.
- Combine the egg yolks with the salt in a blender.
- Slowly add the glaze to the yolks with the blender running.
- Pour the butter into the blender slowly until the sauce thickens.
I would not normally attempt this type of sauce but this method is very straightforward and easy to make. Tasted fine, I used it with Salmon en Croute recipe.
I made this for Fillet Mignon and it was delicious.