Recipe by Queen uh Cuisine
This bearnaise sauce is just so good! What can I say. Great on steamed veggies, I love it on a nice piece of filet mignon. :)
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar or 1⁄4 cup tarragon vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup white wine or 1⁄4 cup vermouth
- 2 teaspoons shallots, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, minced
- salt and pepper
- 2 egg yolks
- 1⁄4 lb butter
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1 tablespoon parsley, minced (or Chervil)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saucepan, bring vinegar, wine, shallots, tarragon, salt and pepper to a boil and reduce to about 2 tablespoons.
- Cool slightly.
- Beat in yolks until smooth.
- Put mixture into a small stainless steel bowl and place in a skillet with about 1 inch of simmering water in it.
- Whisk sauce until it begins to thicken.
- Beat in butter, bit by bit.
- Before serving, add a few drops of lemon juice and parsley.