1/2 Photos of Bearnaise Sauce
This classy French sauce is typically served over beef tenderloin filets. It is also a perfect pair with fish or served over vegetables. I found this in Cuisine At Home.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring vinegar, wine, shallots and tarragon to a boil in a small saucepan over medium high heat.
- 2Boil until liquid is evaporated, about 5 minutes.
- 3Remove from heat and add water, then whisk in egg yolks until frothy.
- 4Drizzle in butter, whisking constantly to incorporate.
- 5Sauce should be thick, but thin it with a little water if needed.
- 6If it is too thin, return to heat and whisk constantly until thickened.
- 7Strain sauce through a medium mesh strainer into a heat proof cup.
- 8Season with lemon juice, salt, white pepper and cayenne.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bearnaise Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (440 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1276.7
- Calories from Fat 1204
- Total Fat 133.8 g
- Saturated Fat 81.7 g
- Cholesterol 828.8 mg
- Sodium 43.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 9.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar