Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This wonderful tarragon-flavored mayonnaise is a version of one of my favorites, Bearnaise sauce. It makes a fantastic egg or tuna salad, or use as a spread on a roast beef sandwich with fresh tomato. Try a dab on a grilled swordfish steak, or dress a tasty macaroni or seafood salad with it. The possibilities are endless - it livens up everything!
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons finely minced onions
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons white wine
- 1 tablespoon dried dill
- 1 tablespoon dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon tarragon mustard
- salt and pepper
- Cook together minced onion, vinegar, wine, dill, and tarragon until only a little liquid remains.
- Cool slightly, then stir mixture and mustard into mayonnaise.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.