Recipe by Karen=^..^=
These are tasty and pretty easy. Great recipe to make with the kiddos.
Top Review by LAURIE
Karen these were really good, nice chocolate flavor, but the seems kinda plain so I remembered the Bear Paw candy that they make in northern Wisconsin......Cashews, caramel and chocolate. Try these cookies drizzled with melted caramel and chocolate. Really added a neat look to them too! Thanks!!
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate flavored syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- peanuts, halves or cashews
Directions See How It's Made
- cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Blend in chocolate syrup.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each.
- Blend in vanilla.
- Combine flour, powder and salt.
- Add dry ingredients alternately with milk to chocolate mixture, beating well.
- Cover and chill one hour.
- Drop batter by heaping teaspoonsful onto a greased baking sheet.
- Press 4 peanut halves or cashews into each cookie, to resemble a bear's paw.
- Bake at 375* for 10 to 12 minutes or until center springs back when lightly touched.
- Cool on baking sheet for 2 minutes and transfer to wire rack to cool completely.