The name is somewhat of a misnomer - this sauce is actually bear-free!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine the vinegar, vermouth or wine, shallots and tarragon in 2-cup glass measure.
- 2Microwave, uncovered, at high for 1 to 2 minutes or until boiling.
- 3Set aside to cool to lukewarm.
- 4Strain the mixture into a small bowl; whisk in the egg yolks.
- 5In a 2-cup glass measure or similar microwaveable bowl, melt the butter at medium for about 40 to 60 seconds; do not boil.
- 6Whisk the egg yolk mixture into the butter.
- 7Microwave, uncovered, at medium for 30 to 90 seconds; whisk every 15 seconds.
- 8Cook only until mixture starts to thicken.
- 9Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bear Knees Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (27 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 121.5
- Calories from Fat 110
- Total Fat 12.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 121.4 mg
- Sodium 6.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 1.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar