Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
The name is somewhat of a misnomer - this sauce is actually bear-free!
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon leaves, chopped
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 fluid ounces vermouth or 2 fluid ounces dry white wine
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1⁄3 cup unsalted butter
- salt and pepper
- Combine the vinegar, vermouth or wine, shallots and tarragon in 2-cup glass measure.
- Microwave, uncovered, at high for 1 to 2 minutes or until boiling.
- Set aside to cool to lukewarm.
- Strain the mixture into a small bowl; whisk in the egg yolks.
- In a 2-cup glass measure or similar microwaveable bowl, melt the butter at medium for about 40 to 60 seconds; do not boil.
- Whisk the egg yolk mixture into the butter.
- Microwave, uncovered, at medium for 30 to 90 seconds; whisk every 15 seconds.
- Cook only until mixture starts to thicken.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Excellent recipe. Chose it cause I got a kick out of the name. Liked the use of the microwave. Turned out perfect, used it for Eggs Oscar. Thanks for sharing.