Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
Easy to make pastries using canned refrigerated biscuits and apple pie filling.
- 1 cup apple pie filling
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon, divided
- 1 (17 ounce) can large refrigerated biscuits
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons milk
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In a small bowl, combine apple pie filling and 1 teaspoon cinnamon and set aside.
- On a floured surface, roll out each biscuit to a 6" long oval.
- Spoon apple mixture into the center of each and fold the dough over top to bottom and pinch the edges to seal.
- At even intervals, cut three 1" long slits toward the center of each biscuit from the rounded edge.
- Arch the tops of the biscuits just enough to open the slits.
- In small bowl, combine granulated sugar and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Sprinkle evenly over biscuits.
- Place on lightly greased baking sheets and bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Combine powdered sugar and milk and drizzle over the bear claws.
- Can be served warm or cooled completely.
Great easy recipe. I added some chopped walnuts and graham cracker crumbs with melted butter to the apples. It was such a wonderful pastry with minimal effort. I don't feel that my changes were necessary, but I just made it to my liking. Thank you for posting this tasty recipe.
These were fun to make and my kitchen smelled like a bakery! Perfect with a morning cuppa tea. Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe Marie. Made for Choose Your Event Party in celebration of Davy Crockett's birthday! LOL
I liked these, they were a nice late night snack. A nice idea to top them with the glaze.