Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
I'm going through old favorites on cards and adding them for safe keeping.
Make and share this Beany Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup cooked barley
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed
- 1 cup canned kidney beans, rinsed
- 8 ounces corn, drained
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded & chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 cups mixed greens
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Combine barley, rice, beans, corn, green onions, bell pepper, and cilantro.
- Toss with mixed salad greens.
- Wisk remaining ingredients together to make dressing.
- Top salad with dressing & serve immediately.