Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
Slightly adapted from the Ontario White Bean Association. This recipe can ensure that the whole family can eat the same meal with some variations for the grown ups!
- 6 whole wheat pita bread (6 inch diameter)
- 1 (14 ounce) can pork and beans in tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup sliced mushrooms (use on adults)
- 1⁄3 cup sliced green olives (use on adults)
- 2 thin pepperoni, sliced (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Spread each pita bread with beans.
- Sprinkle with mushrooms, olives, pepperoni and oregano.
- Top with cheese.
- Place on large baking sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 10 to 12 minutes.