Recipe by bluemoon downunder
A flavoursome Beanshoot, Avocado and Baby Spinach Salad with and Asian Vinaigrette which I have adapted from one of the recipes featured today on Huey's popular TV cooking show. He suggests serving this as an entrée or for a light lunch. Huey (Iain Hewitson) is an Australian chef, who is particularly fond of Asian cuisine. I am posting this for the 2005 Zaar World Tour.
Top Review by Andi of Longmeadow Farm
Another great recipe from our friend Bluemoon~ I loved this salad, the Asian flavor in the dressing, the bean sprouts, the avocado, spinach...all of it. I reduced the ginger a bit as I only had a bit, but next time would not hesitate to use the full amount. Just such a fresh salad, and so healthy it will make you want to eat all of it and not share with anyone :D Thank you so much! Made for Everyday is a Holiday Tag Game.
- 4 tablespoons asian fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons japanese rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons shaved palm sugar
- 1 chili pepper, seeded & finely sliced
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 4 large garlic cloves, grated
- 150 g baby spinach leaves
- 100 g bean sprouts
- 1⁄2 small red onion, finely sliced
- 1 red capsicum, cored, seeded & diced
- 1⁄4 English cucumber, halved lengthways & thickly sliced
- 1 avocado, diced
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the fish sauce, rice vinegar, water, palm sugar, chilli, ginger and garlic in a bowl and whisk up. Taste for seasoning.
- In another bowl, mix together the baby spinach leaves, beanshoots, onion, capsicum, cucumber and avocado with dressing to taste.