Recipe by katew
Adapted from a 2002 edition of Australian Table Magazine. Serve with rice or crusty bread or put into tortillas.
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 long red chile, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 200 g carrots, finely chopped
- 1 (425 g) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 red capsicum, finely sliced
- 1 green capsicum, finely sliced
- 2 cups corn kernels
- 1 (400 g) can red kidney beans, drained
- 1 (425 g) can cannellini beans, drained
- 2 tablespoons coriander, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in pot and cook onion and garlic for 4 minutes.
- Add cumin and chilli, cook further 2 minutes.
- Add carrot and tomatoes and simmer 10 minutes.
- Add capsicums, corn and 1 cup of water.
- Simmer 10 more minutes till vegetables are tender.
- Toss through beans, coriander and parsley and season to taste.