Adapted from a 2002 edition of Australian Table Magazine. Serve with rice or crusty bread or put into tortillas.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 long red chile, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 200 g carrots, finely chopped
- 1 (425 g) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 red capsicum, finely sliced
- 1 green capsicum, finely sliced
- 2 cups corn kernels
- 1 (400 g) can red kidney beans, drained
- 1 (425 g) can cannellini beans, drained
- 2 tablespoons coriander, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1Heat oil in pot and cook onion and garlic for 4 minutes.
- 2Add cumin and chilli, cook further 2 minutes.
- 3Add carrot and tomatoes and simmer 10 minutes.
- 4Add capsicums, corn and 1 cup of water.
- 5Simmer 10 more minutes till vegetables are tender.
- 6Toss through beans, coriander and parsley and season to taste.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beans With Vegetables and Fresh Chilli
Serving Size: 1 (478 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 500.1
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 67.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 87.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 21.3 g
- Sugars 11.3 g
- Protein 24.6 g