This Libyan dish has been posted in response to a Round the World game. Looks tasty and a candidate for the crockpot as well. This could readily be made vegetarian by substituting dried bean curd or tempeh for the meat.
- Wash spinach thoroughly, drain.
- Saute in hot oil.
- Let cool, grind it in the processor.
- Add the following ingredients: Cilantro, washed, drained and chopped.
- Green onions, cleaned and chopped.
- Garlic, peeled.
- Black pepper.
- Beans, washed and drained.
- Water to cover all ingredients.
- Bring to a boil and let simmer about two hours depending on the size of the beans.