Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I got this recipe from tasteofhome.com to be included in my St.Patrick's day menu. This will be made again for other occasions. Super easy and delicious. Enjoy.
- Place beans in a large saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil.
- Cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until crisp tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually whisk in broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat.
- In a small bowl, combine egg yolks and milk.
- Stir a small amount of hot broth mixture into egg mixture.
- Return all to the pan, stirring constantly.
- Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in parsley. Drain beans; top with sauce.