Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A great side dish for fish or chicken.
- 450 g green beans
- 2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 50 g butter
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 2 tablespoons chopped sage leaves
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 grated lemon, zest of
- Trim the beans and slice into short, thick pieces.
- Drop into boiling water and boil until tender.
- Melt the butter in a shallow pan over a moderate heat and add the garlic, sage, parsley and lemon and stir for a minute or so, without letting them colour.
- Add the crumbs to the seasoned butter and continue cooking until the crumbs have soaked up the butter and are starting to turn pale gold.
- You may need a bit more butter.
- Drain the beans and put them into a warm serving dish.
- Scatter over the garlic and herb crumbs.
Very simple but really wonderful! This is a great side and I highly recommend everyone try this at their holiday table. We had it with a great roast lamb and I dare say the beans received just as much attention. Just shows you how simple can very easily be outstanding! This is a keeper!