Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
A long bean recipe in answer to a query, quite tasty actually.
- 500 g long beans
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 stalks fresh lemongrass, white part only finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 chilies, chopped (take out seeds if you don't like hot)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 350 g shredded cabbage
- Cut beans into 5 cm length.
- Heat the oil in a wok, add lemon grass, ginger and chilli and cook until oil begins to bubble.
- Stir in the coconut milk and beans, bring to boil then simmer uncovered for about 3 minutes or until the beans are just tender.
- Serve the mixture over cabbage.
This recipe is nice but lacks something. Curry leaves, basil or something similar. I just found it a tad bland despite the chillies. I used light coconut milk so that may have made a difference but stuck to the recipe otherwise.