Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Posted for ZWT6 "Mention to the average American that you love Beans on Toast, and you are stared at in disbelief. I guess the thought of actually eating beans on a piece of toast is a little hard to swallow, both literally, and figuratively, and yet it is an extremely tasty and nutritious meal. So, just in case you are still wondering what we are talking about, here's the recipe, which would provide a meal for two. NOTE: While the toast is toasting, don't forget to make a large pot of tea. It is an absolute fact that you cannot eat Beans on Toast without lots of tea!"
- 396.89 g canof heinz baked beans in tomato sauce
- 4 large eggs
- 4 slice bread, for toasting
- plenty butter (or equivalent if you prefer)
- Empty the baked beans into a small saucepan.
- Prepare a pan to either poach or fry the eggs (your choice, but poached is better).
- Start toasting the bread. How many slices is, of course, up to you and your appetite at the time, but at least 2 slices each are needed for the beans, plus any additional slices for the jam later.
- While the toast is toasting, don't forget to make a large pot of tea. It is an absolute fact that you cannot eat Beans on Toast without lots of tea.
- Once the toast is on, gently warm the beans, and start to cook the eggs.
- As the toast is done, place it on pre-warmed plates, and apply lots of butter to taste.
- Divide the beans between the two plates, spreading them over the 2 slices of toast.
- Place the cooked eggs on top of the beans, sprinkle a little pepper, (and if you prefer, maybe a dash of Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce), and enjoy.
Yum!!!!! I love this SOOO much! I honestly thought that this was going to be nasty, but it was one of my favorite things ever! Thanks so much!
Who doesn't love beans on toast? Oh fiddle-diddle, these were outstanding!! I even found the regional "Heinz" beans in tomato sauce from our local Wegman's and had some country bread that made some terrific toast. How much better could it get? Add some sheared eggs to the top and you'll see. I wouldn't change one thing about this. Just add a fork. Made for ZWT6 2010
I made 1 serving for breakfast. I had just about 1 cup leftover Queen Puff's Easy Baked Beans that was just enough for me. Topped with Shirred Eggs and a a nice cuppa Lady Jane tea! I love this combo and will definitely make it again. Thanks for posting SarahBeth. Made for Zwizzle Chicks for ZWT6 Family Picks.