Recipe by ursabear
A friend of mine made this for us once and I've never had it served anywhere else. It's easy and yummy and it's good as a crockpot warmer dish as well. You can use your favorite baked beans in it and season the ground beef the way you like also.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1 medium onion
- 1 (28 ounce) can baked beans
- salt, pepper, oregano, garlic to taste
- hamburger bun
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop onion add to dutch oven or very large skillet to brown with ground beef. Add seasonings; salt, pepper, garlic, oregano while cooking, again this part is subjective, sometimes I even add Worcestershire Sauce to the meat.
- Once the meat is suitably browned add can of baked beans and warm through.
- Add the Velveeta cubes and stir occasionally until the cheese has melted.
- Serve on warm buns.
- You can also add the mixture to a crock pot and keep it warm on low for late comers, pot luck, etc.