Prep 0 mins
Cook 25 mins
Good! I used maple baked beans instead of regular because it was all I had on hand. I also omitted the brown sugar because I was afraid it would be too sweet. From Mr. Food's Easy Cooking magazine.
- 2 (16 ounce) cans baked beans
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 hot dogs, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 (14 ounce) can whole tomatoes, broken up, undrained
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Set aside 1 cup of the baked beans. Puree the remaining beans in a blender or mash them in a large bowl; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the hot dog pieces and onion and cook 3 to 5 minutes, or until lightly brown.
- Add tomatoes, tomato juice, brown sugar and hot pepper sauce. Simmer 10 minutes.
- Add the 1 cup reserved whole beans and the pureed beans. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook 10 to 15 minutes, or until the soup is piping hot, stirring occasionally.