Recipe by LondonKarma
This recipe comes from Beans & Barley Market and Cafe. It makes enough to feed a crowd and is delicious.
- 1⁄2 cup dried black beans
- 1⁄2 cup dried garbanzo beans
- 1⁄2 cup dried navy beans
- 1 pot of boiling salt water, to cook each kind of bean. To each pot also add a little cider vinegar or 1 balsamic vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds and worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup diced carrot (1/2 - 1/4 inch dice, blanched if desired)
- 1⁄2 cup diced celery (1/2 - 1/4 inch dice)
- 1⁄2 cup peeled diced cucumber (1/2 - 1/4 inch dice)
- 1⁄2 cup diced red bell pepper (1/2 - 1/4 inch dice)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- 1⁄3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic (or substitute 1/2 tsp garlic powder)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook each type of bean in separate pan with the seasoned water according to package directions until beans are tender but not mushy.
- Drain and cool beans by spreading them on a cookie sheet.
- While beans cool, blanch carrots if desired. Combine cooked beans with remaining vegetables and chopped parsley.
- To make dresing, whisk vinegar into oil, then add remaining ingredients. Add dressing to vegetables and mix well.