Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
I found this gem in The Food Editors' Favorites series- which I highly recommend if you can find the set! Kid-friendly, inexpensive, and delicious. What more could a busy mom ask for?
- 1 (15 ounce) can pork and beans, partially drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can no-bean chili
- 3 slices bacon
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- In a large bowl, combine pork and beans, corn, kidney beans, and chili; set aside.
- In a large skillet, fry bacon until crisp. Remove from pan and drain on paper towels. When bacon is cool, crumble into small pieces. Set aside.
- Sauté onion and green pepper in bacon drippings. Add onion mixture and crumbled bacon to bean mixture. Stir in ketchup and Worcestershire.
- Pour mixture into a sprayed 4-quart casserole dish; cover. Bake at 350°F, 50-60 minutes.
Other than adding an extra piece of bacon, and adding a teasppon of chili sauce with the worchestershire sauce to this made reciope as printed. Very pleased with the outcome as we all enjoyed this after a long day at an air and water show. Loved the fact that it is in expensive too with great taste. Thanks for sharing . Made for Zaar Stars.
The whole family loved this great casserole! I don't care for onions so left them out, otherwise made as specified. You are right on in your description - quick, easy, inexpensive, yummy! Served as the main course over cornbread and really enjoyed - thanks for sharing the recipe!
very good but needed some heat, I added in cayenne pepper and also garlic, 45 minutes in my oven was the perfect time, thanks Kizzi!