Recipe by MizzNezz
This is especially good when the weather turns cool. Very good.
Top Review by Miss Annie
Now you can't get a better than this dish. Beans, bacon and sausage! Wonderful. All of the flavors work well together. The beans and meat make this a hearty, filling dish. Excellent, Nez! This one is in my T&T book for many repeats! Thanks for posting it for me!
- 1 lb navy beans
- 6 slices bacon, diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped onions
- 4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon marjoram
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb cooked Polish sausage, cut in 1 inch slices
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Put beans in pot, add water to cover plus 2 inches.
- Bring to a boil; boil 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat; let stand 1 hour.
- Drain and discard liquid.
- Return beans to pot.
- Saute bacon until crisp; add onion,saute 1 minute.
- Add to beans.
- Add the water, garlic, salt, marjoram, bay leaf, and pepper.
- Cover and bake at 350* for 3 hours.
- Stir in sausage and tomato sauce.
- Bake an additional 20 minutes.