Recipe by Jaina & Potemkin
This vegan recipe combines beans, rice, and tofu to make a yummy Hispanic dish.
- 2 cups rice
- 4 cups water
- 1 (15 ounce) can vegetarian refried beans
- 12 ounces southwestern salsa
- 1⁄2 lb extra firm tofu, cubed
- 1⁄3 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (10 count) soft taco-size flour tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil three and 1/3 cups of water and 2/3 cups southwest salsa.
- Reduce heat to minimum and add rice.
- Open tofu and squeeze excess moisture into sink.
- In a separate pan simmer chopped veggies and tofu until peppers are tender.
- After the rice is tender (about 15-20 min, but consult rice package) add beans and simmered veggies and tofu.
- Cook mixture on low until beans are heated.
- Add the remaining salsa and mix.
- Serve with tortillas.