Recipe by Chef mariajane
Here is a quick and tasty side dish that combines green and yellow beans with sliced mushrooms and a little garlic butter, chili flakes and chopped fresh parsley. Fresh breadcrumbs add a wonderfully crisp bite. Enjoy!!
- 1 (500 g) bageurope's best green and yellow beans, frozen
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh breadcrumbs or 1⁄2 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili flakes (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook green and yellow bean according to package direction, until slightly undercooked. Drain well and pat dry.
- In a skillet, heat oil and butter in medim-high heat. Add garlic and mushrooms and cook 3-4 minutes. Add breadcrumbs, parsley, chili flakes, salt and pepper and cook 2 minutes until golden and crisp.
- Add cooked beans and toss to heat through and coat with breadcrumbs.
- Dried breadcrumbs will crisp faster than fresh. Panko breadcrumbs are a good pantry item. They are available in most supermarkets.